Let us introduce a new employee at SAM Nordic. We are happy to welcome Selemun Yemane to our Logistics team.
As our Supply Chain Specialist, Selemun is an important resource to our logistics department, which every day ensures deliveries of life saving medicines to our hospitals in the Nordic region.
Hi Selemun! Great to have you in the team. What did you do before you ended up at SAM Nordic?
– Most recent I came from Novator, a high-tech manufacturing company providing intelligent orbital drilling units towards the Aerotech industry. Apart from my duties as main responsible for the warehouse, my part in the procurement and logistics team was; Operational purchasing, quality control and documentation, managing claims and following-up with suppliers, packing and monitoring international shipments to end users.
How did you end up at SAM Nordic?
– Since the business case as a supplier towards Aerotech crashed along with the outbreak of the Coronavirus. I had to determine my next career move. I have always been curious about the logistics around healthcare and pharma. This, along with my view that it is a human right for everyone to have access to essential medicines, made the decision to apply for the Supply Chain Specialist at SAM Nordic quite easy.
So far, what would you say is the best with SAM Nordic as a company?
– I really enjoy the atmosphere and the fact that the whole SAM Nordic team are working towards the same goal.
What are you most looking forward to in this role?
– To learn more about the strict regulations regarding pharmacy so that I can start contributing to the operations-team and share my fresh perspectives.
What is the most valuable thing you have learned in your career?
– That due to a constantly changing world, today’s revolutionary solution might be obsolete tomorrow. Be dynamic and listen to the customers needs, don’t just assume you know what is adding value for them.
What do you prefer to do when you are not at work?
– Spending quality time with friends and family over a well cooked meal after a sports activity.