We are happy to introduce a new team member of SAM Nordic. Petra has been an extra resource for a year and will now join the company on a full-time basis.
Petra is based at our office in Finland and will work as a Responsible Person for the Finnish affiliate. It has been a strange start because of the Corona situation which leads us all to work from home at the moment. But with all digital tools, she has been properly introduced to the work and the colleagues.
Hi Petra! Welcome to SAM Nordic! What did you do before you came here?
– I worked for three years as a Hospital Pharmacist in Central Finland. My responsibilities there were GMP, clean rooms, cytotoxics, and ex tempore preparations. Before my hospital years, I had been working with manufacturing and wholesale in the pharmaceutical industry for four years.
What is the most exciting about your job as a Responsible Person?
– This job requires an extensive understanding of the medicinal products we are dealing with, but also of the market environment of the country we are operating in.
What do you look forward to the most working at SAM Nordic?
– Getting to know new people and new countries. This is the first time I’m working with Nordics and Baltics instead of just Finland.
What would you say is the best with SAM Nordic as a company?
– The enthusiasm and a strong drive to make things work better. This is not a place where you do the job as it has always been done before.
How does it feel to start by not meeting your colleagues face to face, only through the phone or computer?
– This was something that I feared the most before starting, but luckily the it-systems are so advanced, that I have not felt lonely at all. Of course, I miss the small talk and catching up over lunch very much.
What do you prefer to do, when you’re not working?
– I am renovating a house built in the 1950s, and it seems to be an endless project.